So lately I’ve been asking, how are you feeling? No, no, how are you REALLY feeling?
As our shelter in place has been extended for another month, a whirlwind of emotions have been coming over: fear, uncertainty, confusion, loss, just to name a few… I have to remind myself to feel my feelings then understand why am I feeling this way? does it really serve me?
Now that the world is under shelter in place, I have found myself to have so much more time to do things I normally wouldn’t. Meditation has been helping quite a lot to navigate through my feelings. Then I begin to find other outlets through self care, such as teaching yoga, working out and creating a better skin routine. I found myself reaching for the same things the past two weeks, here are my favorites:
- Buff – we don’t have available n95 masks so I am using this to provide some protection against people who don’t know how to practice safe social distancing
- Tone It Up App – I’m so glad that the girls, Karena and Katrina, have been able to provide their workouts and app for free during this time. I have been able to get my workouts in the living room and bond with my roommates.
- Digital scale – For some reason, I left my scale at my parents house when I moved out to the Bay Area and have always forgotten to bring it up with me. Now that we’re going through the shelter in place, there’s no way I’m getting my scale anytime soon, but I wanted to bake so I purchased a cheap scale. I have to say, it’s small and sleek, works great so far and I was able to make a delicious cheesecake! Since it’s small the placement of the window is tucked under any large bowls you’re working with, so just a heads up. Other than that, it doesn’t take much space in the kitchen, which I love!
- Instant Coffee – dalgona’s anyone? This has been so popular on the internet and I have to say that while it is delicious and fun to drink, I also ran out of regular coffee so have been drinking this as regular coffee in the mornings before jumping onto a morning conference call.
- FRE moisturizer and serum – I did receive these from the company to try out and I have to say its a great way to stay moisturized
- Dry shampoo – need I say more?